Living more mindfully
What is mindfulness? It means slowing down and being aware of everything that is around you and living and enjoying the present. It is about living in the present without judgment and not spending time focussing always on the future.
Mindfulness is used around the world in business, schools, hospitals and within sport.
If you want to be more fully aware and improve the quality of your life and be happier mindfulness can help you.
My six tips to get you started:
Do one thing at a time. Stop multi-tasking and do one task at a time and do it well. Enjoy doing it. You will be more productive.
- Enjoy nature, nature helps us to heal, so go for a walk, dig the garden, walk the dog but enjoy the environment and see the beauty in it without judgment.
- Don’t worry about the future, live in the now and make the most of it. Happy people live in the present.
- Listen actively, so when talking to someone, listen to what they are saying and don’t let your mind wander to what you need to do next. Be present and enjoy your conversation. The small things can make a huge difference to other people’s lives and your own too.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your food
- Spend 5 minutes every day sitting quietly and doing nothing, clear your mind and enjoy the peace.
- Live slowly and stop rushing around, as you live more slowly you will become more aware of what is going on around you.
Much has been written about mindfulness and the benefits to individuals are huge in terms of health, feeling less stressed etc. Read about it and see if it feels right for you.
I live mindfully and it has changed the way I think, the way I live and my view of life.
If you want help to live more mindfully and make life changes and you think having your own coach will help then contact me